This is your opportunity to fulfill your dream of traveling to the United States of America to live and work. We are using this medium to update you on the amazing opportunity at the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Abuja. The US embassy invites applications from qualified Nigerians who are willing and able to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American students in U.S. universities and colleges.
All you need to know about the program
The Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program is a nine month non-degree course funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education. The objective of the program is to strengthen foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges, universities, and some high schools, while providing future teachers from abroad the opportunity to refine their skills, increase their English language proficiency, and expand their knowledge of U.S. society and culture. FLTA fellows must return to their home countries upon completion of their programs to teach English at the secondary or university level.
Qualifications and Requirements
All interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- Applicants should request that the academic office of their institution send a stamped copy of their transcripts in a sealed envelope to: The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja, Attention: Cultural Affairs Officer.
- Other documents to be submitted include academic credentials, signed and stamped letters of reference, and the photo page of a valid Nigerian passport.
- Applicants must be teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
- Applicants must possess a university degree in English, Language Arts, or combined honors.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 79-80 (Internet based testing) or 6.0 (overall score International English Language Testing System-IELTS).
- Applicants must be between 21 and 29 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Applicants must be physically present in their home country throughout the nomination and selection process.
- The application can be accessed at: http://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta.
For more information, please visit the American Embassy Website
For further inquiries, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja: email: CulturalAbuja@state.gov or U.S. Consulate General, #2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos; Nigeria.
Deadline for Applying
April 30, 2019
For daily job updates, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your email. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here
You can also Contact Us