By joining BBC Hausa, you’ll be a part of the team for a leading international broadcaster the BBC World Service which reaches more than 90 million people in Africa weekly on Radio, TV, Online (language sites and bbcafrica.com), Mobile and Social Media. BBC Hausa is the lead provider of radio and digital news in Nigeria.
Table of Contents
Editor, BBC Hausa Recruitment
BBC now have a requirement for an Editor to help grow its presence across media platforms and reach new audiences. This is an exciting position for a digitally-focused senior journalist to help shape and develop BBC Hausa Service.
Qualification and Requirements
The successful candidate must
- be a fluent Hausa and English speaker and writer
- have recent and extensive background as a senior journalist
- be a digital innovator with a deep understanding of new technology and how it can be used in a news environment
- demonstrate a wide, thorough and up to date familiarity of news and current affairs in Nigeria and the surrounding areas
Reporting to the BBC Head of West Africa-
- you will play a key role in the digital transformation of the Hausa Service
- ensure that digital, TV and radio output adheres to BBC highest editorial standards.
- You will use your excellent knowledge of the audience needs in Nigeria and Africa, both digitally and on TV, in order to shape the content.
- With your first class leadership skills, you will oversee and lead a team of journalists in Abuja and remotely.
How to apply for Editor BBC Hausa Recruitment
Diversity matters at the BBC. The broadcasting cooperation have a working environment where it value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of its employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels