Canadian Saskatchewan Government Scholarship Application Form Portal 2024/2025
The applications for Canadian Saskatchewan Government Scholarship 2024/2025 academic session is ongoing. This opportunity is for students who want to tell the exciting story of agriculture, the Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture offers the Agriculture Student Scholarship. The winning scholarship is valued at $6,000 and the three runner-up scholarships are valued at $3,000 each.Canadian Saskatchewan Government Scholarship – Saskatchewan’s agriculture and agri-food industry offers numerous career opportunities – from production, research, processing, manufacturing, to finance and everything in between. In fact, the industry accounts for about 50,000 jobs across the province.
Table of Contents
Who Can Apply? A Glimpse at the Requirements
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must meet the following conditions below:
We are looking for young people who plan to pursue a career in the industry.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a Grade 12 student or recent high school/GED graduate (within the past two school years) residing in Saskatchewan who is planning to take agriculture-related post-secondary education beginning in the fall of 2024.
Post-secondary schools do not have to be located in Saskatchewan and may be any accredited post-secondary institution in Canada.
Applications from those who self-declare as Indigenous, persons with disabilities and visible minority persons are encouraged.
Note: Ministry of Agriculture and Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation employees and their immediate family members are not eligible.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the Application Form and submit it by March 1, 2024.
- Produce a creative three-minute video or 1,000-word essay (criteria below);
- Provide a letter of conditional acceptance to a post-secondary institution; and
- Provide a letter of recommendation from either a teacher/professor, agriculture industry leader or community leader.
Application Theme and Criteria
Applications to the 2024 Agriculture Student Scholarship program should align with the theme, farming and environmental sustainability and answer one or more of the guiding questions below. Applicants should explore the idea of environmental sustainability within farming and the importance of public perception on modern farming practices. Submissions should focus on progressive environmental practices conducted by producers and the importance of relaying messages to the public to enhance trust in the industry.
- What does environmental sustainability in agriculture look like?
- What can the agriculture industry do to communicate the sustainable environmental practices performed by Saskatchewan producers?
- What can be done to preserve ecosystems and ensure effective land management within farming operations?
- What steps are producers taking now to ensure the preservation of the environment for the future?
- What can producers do differently to better promote environmental sustainability?
When developing your essay or video, consider the following:
- Seek out and interview individuals involved in different aspects of the industry. There are many dedicated people committed to environmental sustainability, while also delivering healthy, affordable and safe products right here in Saskatchewan. Who knows? Their stories may just inspire you!
- Tell us about a fun way a food company or producer has demonstrated care for the environment. This can be from a grocery store, farmers market or online.
- What are your favourite resources to learn about all things agriculture? Do you have a personal connection with someone in the industry? Or maybe you have a favorite website or video that discusses Canadian agricultural practices?
- What should consumers know about Saskatchewan producers and their farming practices?
- What stories about environmental sustainability on farms can you share?
Note: These questions are meant as a guide and you are not required to address each of them directly in your application.
Still not sure where to start? Check out these links for some great ideas.
- thinkAG Career Profiles
- The Real Dirt on Farming
- Saskatchewan’s Stewardship Journey
- Past Scholarship Winners
- Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan
- 4-H Saskatchewan
- Public Trust in Agriculture
Videos and written submissions will be judged by a review committee based on alignment with the theme provided, development of ideas, structure and clarity, creativity and quality, and professionalism. Leadership qualities and school/community involvement in your letters of recommendation will also be taken into consideration. Please note videos longer than the four-minute maximum will not be considered.
The Ministry of Agriculture reserves the right to publish or promote all submissions as deemed appropriate.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 2024. Recipients will need to submit their Official Confirmation of Enrolment, as issued by their post-secondary institution, prior to receiving the scholarship funds.
For More Information, Please Contact
Bryce Lewans, Public Trust Specialist