Champions of Science Africa Story Telling Competition 2018 is here again. Through this medium we are inviting all scientists and innovators in Africa to showcase their stories. By making known the stories of scientific innovation which has been taking place across Africa and the impact it is having on families, communities and the world.
The body in charge of this challenge hope to build public engagement and support for science, and inspire Africa’s young women and men to pursue careers in science and innovation.
Are you a scientist or innovator doing research in Africa with the goal of making a positive impact on society?
Africa Storytelling Challenge #ChampionsOfScience
• The Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident in a country in Africa.
• Any scientist or innovator, affiliated with a higher-education institution, research institution, government, private company, NGO or an innovation hub doing research in any scientific field in Africa with the goal of making a positive impact on society is encourage to participate.
• The Applicant must be authorized, by their affiliated institution to represent the science being profiled and to accept the award.
Rewards and Benefits
• $5,000 USD
• Broad recognition as a Champion of Science through publicity and social media channels.
• Publication of your story in the Johnson & Johnson Innovation “Champions of Science” compendium electronic and print.
• Invitation to serve as a “Champion of Science” ambassador at local or regional scientific/science policy meetings, as opportunities arise.
How to successfully apply for the challenge
This can be submitted in either of the following formats:
- A written story (500-1,000 words)
- A 3-5 minute video in English. This does not need to be professionally produced and can be filmed on your smart phone.
Whichever format you choose to tell your story in, be sure to address the following topics in your response:
- What are you working on & why is it important? How will your work impact people/society?
- Who inspires you and/or what motivates you?
- Why do you think it is important to tell stories of science?
In addition, all applications must include a written description of the scientific research or innovation involved.
September 1, 2018
You may also like – UBA Digital Champions 2018
If you are interested in learning more about the challenge and to submit your story, visit www.jnjinnovation.com/africa-storytelling-challenge
For more updates on this challenge and other available opportunities, kindly subscribe to this site using your active email. Subscription is free.
You can also connect with us on our various social media platforms