There is a new directive that has been issued by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim. This means that your SIM Card must be connected to your NIN, if not your SIM Card will be blocked. The general public is hereby urged to ensure that their NINs are captured in their SIM registration data.
How To Check If Your NIN Is Connected To Your SIM CARD
To check to know if your Sim Cards are connected to NIN or captured on your Sim registration, kindly try the following:
Dial *346# to retrieve your National Identification Number (NIN). Available on all Network.
If your NIN is captured on your SIM Registration, your 11 NIN number will pop-up after dialing the code above. If your NIN is not captured on your SIM Registration, you will not be able to retrieve your NIN by dialing the code. And you will need to get your NIN connected to your SIM Card to avoid deactivation.
NCC to Block SIM Cards of MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile and others without NIN
Following the directives by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, the following decisions were taken for immediate implementation by all Network Operators:
- Affirmation of the earlier directive to totally suspend the registration of NEW SIMs by all operators.
- Operators to require ALL their subscribers to provide valid National Identification Number (NIN) to update SIM registration records.
- The submission of NIN by subscribers to take place within two weeks (from Wednesday, December 16, 2020, and end by 30 December 2020).
- After the deadline, ALL SIMs without NINs are to be blocked from the networks.
- A Ministerial Task Force comprising the Minister and all the CEOs (among others) as members is to monitor compliance by all networks.
- Violations of this directive will be met by stiff sanctions, including the possibility of withdrawal of operating license.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels