Commonwealth Young Professionals Programme 2023/2024. See how to apply for the 2023/2024 Commonwealth Young Professionals Program (YPP). Complete application guide, requirements and how to apply for the Programme below.
Table of Contents
Commonwealth Young Professionals Programme 2023/2024
|Program||Commonwealth Young Professionals Programme 2023|
|Applicant Criteria||Citizens of a Commonwealth country aged 27 or younger, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area, at least one year of relevant work experience|
|Available Positions||Assistant Research Officer roles in various departments|
|Salary||£29,070 per annum|
|Application Deadline||July 10, 2023|
About the Commonwealth Young Professionals Programme
The YPP is a part of the Commonwealth Secretariat’s efforts to empower young individuals. The programme offers opportunities for talented and qualified young individuals from across the Commonwealth to contribute their unique skills and ideas to the organisation.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association comprising 56 member governments, providing policy-making guidance, technical assistance, and advisory services to member countries. Its goal is to assist governments in achieving sustainable, inclusive, and equitable development.
Available Positions in the Programme
The programme offers a variety of positions for young professionals to apply for:
- Assistant Research Officer YPO (Trade Competitiveness)
- Assistant Research Officer (Office of the Secretary-General)
- Assistant Research Officer (Economic, Youth & Sustainable Development Directorate)
- Assistant Research Officer (Governance and Peace Directorate) x2
The salary for these positions stands at £29,070 per annum.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
To be eligible for the programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country
- Be 27 years or younger at the time applications close
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area
- Have at least one year of demonstrated work experience in the design and delivery of a subject relevant to development or democracy programmes/projects.
How To Apply for Commonwealth Young Professionals Programme 2023/2024
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a CV and a cover letter. The covering letter should be structured to address the key criteria required in the person specification, with clear examples given.
You can apply for the programme using the following link: Apply Here
For more information about the programme, you can visit the Commonwealth’s official website: Commonwealth Young Professionals Program