Catholic Relief Service (CRS) is preparing for an anticipated multi-million dollar, multi-year USAID/Nigeria Rural Resilience Program, which will support poverty reduction for vulnerable households in Nigeria. Read full details and apply here. Ensure you share this post with all your friends.
This effort will contribute to CRS’ agriculture and livelihoods signature program area and ongoing efforts to promote resilience, recovery and development within Nigeria and neighboring countries around the Lake Chad Basin.
Job Title: Chief of Party, Rural Resilience Program
Position Type: Full time
Job Location: Based in Abuja, with travel among field locations in Nigeria.
Reports To: Deputy Country Representative, Emergency and Early Recovery
Job Summary: The Chief of Party (COP) will have overall responsibility for the Rural Resilience Program. Responsibilities include meeting project objectives and deliverables while providing overall leadership in technical, administrative, operational, and management aspects. The COP will act as the primary relationship manager for the project with USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria, partners and external stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Provide overall strategic guidance, leadership, management and general technical oversight of the entire program, with a strong focus on achieving defined results.
- Act as the key liaison with USAID, Government of Nigeria, all implementing partners and stakeholders involved with the program.
- Represent the program and present its work nationally and globally to CRS leadership, the donor, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Lead, manage, supervise and mentor program staff and consortium partners.
- Ensure high-quality monitoring and evaluation of program impact and timely submission of donor reports and deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with CRS and USAID policies and requirements
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Serves with Integrity
* Models Stewardship
* Cultivates Constructive Relationships
* Promotes Learning
You may also like– Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – Cash Working Group Technical Apply Here
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in international development, management, agriculture, economics or other relevant field. PhD preferred.
- At least 10 years of international management experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in agriculture-based and rural development resilience program
- At least 10 years of COP experience for USAID-funded activities
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance projects of a similar size (over US$ 10M) and scope in developing countries; experience managing multi-sectoral projects including livelihoods, agricultural development, resilience, market-based approaches to economic development, climate change, food security, gender, conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience with USAID rules, regulations and requirements is preferred.
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa required. Prior experience in Nigeria preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested persons can apply using the link below to apply. Ensure you fill in all the information needed properly.
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Let us make your JOB search journey easier, we will join you on the entire process journey as your info PADI. We will also inform you on more amazing opportunities in Nigeria and Abroad.
In order to do this, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your mail. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here
You can also Contact Us