Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF IS recruiting to fill the position below:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring all Environmental Health (EH) activities in the project, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the EH activities in the project ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the PMR and EHTL on the development of the ongoing programmes including the following:
- Designing, implementing and managing all EH interventions in the project (including, but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control).
- Conducting routine EH assessments in collaboration with project medical teams to identify EH needs at project level and making recommendations for response activities to the PMR.
- Ensuring the EH contribution to the development and planning of emergency response strategies and resources, in collaboration with the medical and logistical teams.
- Ensuring availability, proper purchasing, and appropriate technical specifications of required materials and equipment through planning, organizing and overseeing the inventory of the EH stock.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- M.Sc/B. Eng/B.Sc. In Geology, Civil and Water Resources Engineering, Public Health, Health Engineering, Hydraulics, Environmental Health, and other WASH-related courses. with a minimum of three years experience practicing WASH in humanitarian context.
- Previous experience in technical aspects of water and sanitation works.
- Minimum of 2-years of hands-on field emergency WHS professional experience Practicing wash in humanitarian or international development setting.
- Mandatory: Previous experience in haemorrhagic fever context (Lassa Fever, Ebola, Marburg).
How to Apply for Job
All interested candidates should submit their applications, including cover letter, resume and copy of relevant certificates and NYSC certificate/Exemption Letters to: email@example.com
Send Hard Copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Liberation Estate (After the Enugu/Abakaliki Express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
Note: Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application
Application Deadline 12th December, 2020.
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels