Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People 2019
The GOI Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People program is an activity within the framework of the UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
The Goi Peace Foundation/UNESCO International annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
About the essay
Essay Theme: “Creating a Society Full of Kindness”
Application Deadline: June 15, 2019 (23:59 your local time)
What does “Kindness” mean to you? How do you think we can create a kinder society? Carry out ten acts of kindness, and then use your experience as inspiration in writing your essay (your essay does not need to be about your acts of kindness).
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$920 as of January 2019) and gift … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$460 as of January 2019) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2019 and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2019 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2019.
The organizers are unable to answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2019) in one of the following age categories: Children (ages up to 14)
Youth (ages 15 – 25).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE– 2019 List of Billionaires and Companies that will Fund Your Creative Ideas
How to write and submit essay
Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed
Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page indicating
(1) your name (2) category (Children or Youth) (3) age as of June 15, 2019 (4) gender (5) nationality (6) address (7) e-mail (8) phone number (9) school name (if applicable) (10) your essay title (11) language (12) word count (13) list of ten acts of kindness you performed (describe briefly).
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
*A cover page template is available to download. You may also create your own cover page with all items (1)-(13) above.
* The organizers are unable to confirm receipt of essays.
Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
For further inquiries concerning the International Essay Contest for Young People, please contact email@example.com
Documents: Cover page template 2019 (WORD) click on the language you speak
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels