The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
IITA are calling on interested and qualified persons to join them in the below capacity as advertised in this post.
Job Title: Dietary Intake Supervisor
Ref: STS2020 – 001
Location: 36 States
Duration: November 2020 – June 2021
Recruitment Type: National (Short-term Contract)
Slot: 36 Openings
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of potential dietary interviewers.
- Assist in the training of interviewers to conduct the dietary component of the survey (including the dietary pre-training, the collection of dietary interviews which includes a 24-hour dietary recall, and the collection of food samples).
- Work with local guides to identify respondents.
- Supervise the pilot testing for the dietary component of the survey.
- Prepare for fieldwork as well as provide interviewers with all required survey materials.
- Address all interviewers’ concerns as they arise.
Qualification and Requirements
- BSc / HND in Nutrition, Food Science / Technology, Community Development or Public Health (or master’s degree in a relevant field). An employee of state or federal government with above qualifications can also apply with minimum of two (2) years’ related experience in related role. Candidates from the zone and residing in the zone are highly preferred.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in using tablet-based data collection.
- Be familiar with working in rural Nigeria.
- Be fluent in English and at least one local language spoken in the assigned zone.
- Have experience and willingness to work under harsh conditions in remote areas.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Closing Date for Application
The application deadline is 9th November, 2020.
Please stay with us for more updates concerning LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA, you are advised to subscribe to this site using your email so as not to miss out on any important updates and other great opportunities.
Subscription is totally free.
You are also encouraged to CONNECT WITH US via any of the channels listed below