Ikeja Electric Key Change Tokens (KCT 1 and KCT 2) – Upgrade Your Meter
Upon your first vend from November 17th, 2023, you will receive two sets of tokens (KCTS) in addition to your energy token. Upgrade your meter by inputting the sets of tokens into your meters as follows;
- Punch in the first set of 20 digit token and press “enter” to reset your meter
- Then punch in the second set of 20 digits token and press “enter” to upgrade your meter
- The load your energy token.
Link your NIN on smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com to enable you vend from November 17th. This upgrade is done once and does not affect your existing units.
Table of Contents
Ikeja Electric Key Change Tokens (KCT 1 and KCT 2)
Ensure to verify your Key Change Tokens (KCT 1 and KCT 2), essential for loading credit tokens on your prepaid meter. Kindly visit ikejaelectric.com/kctcheck/ and enter the KCT 1 and KCT 2 on your meter before loading your credit token.
How to Resolve Issues With IE KCTs
Having issues getting your Upgrade KCTs?
Not to worry, you can retrieve it instantly using any of the options below.
- Using USSD
- Dial *7024#
- Select 2 for Token Retrieval
- Input your meter number to retrieve your KCT.
Note- Currently available on MTN, 9mobile and GLO networks.
- Using Ikeja Electric Website
- Visit www.ikejaelectric.com/kctcheck
- Input your meter number
- Click Next to retrieve your KCT
SEE ALSO: Puma Energy Global Graduate Program 2024
How to Upgrade Your Prepaid Meter
Please Note: Users who fail to update their meters before November 2024 won’t be able to recharge their prepaid meters.
- To upgrade your meter, you need a Key Change Token-KCT (a special ‘reset’ token) to be loaded on your meter.
- To get this token, you will need to first link your NIN (National Identification Number) to your meter at www.smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com/nin.
- You will receive three (3) sets of 20-digit tokens the first time you vend after linking your NIN. If you didn’t not receive the token after linking your NIN, use this link https://www.ikejaelectric.com/kctcheck/ to generate the code but ensure you recharge first.
- Input the first set of 20-digit tokens (KCT 1); this will wipe off the old meter settings. Input the second set of 20-digit tokens (KCT 2), then upgrade your meter to the new STS platform. The last 20-digit tokens will load the purchased energy value into the meter