Médecins Sans Frontières is an international organization that provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
MSF is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Defining procedures and ensures the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the technical work within his/her area of specialization
- Managing the technical activities in support to and in close collaboration with the field responsible of the sector of activity (s)he is primarily in support.
- Produce, prepare and monitor all necessary technical dossier and drawings for the ongoing construction activity,
- Following up and reporting on the works’ progress and on technical aspects of the work and participating in reports according to guidelines (Situation Report, Logistics Statistical Report, etc.)
- Ensuring the proper construction documentation, filing and the compilation of the work done in the new site (archives) .
- Carrying out assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions to infrastructure challenges in the area of specialization e.g. installing / building / implementing. Liaising directly with the staff to identify the project needs and managing response and prioritization of requests.
- Make sure all agreements and permits with local authorities are negotiated in order to proceed with construction.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Essential technical university degree, in his /her area of speciality, preferably as an engineer in construction /architect
- Essential at least 8 years of working experience on construction supervisions
- Desirable at least 5 years of working experience with other sectors .
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs and understanding of MSF field logistics is an asset.
- English language is essential
- Hausa language is beneficial
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD is mandatory.
- Computer literacy
- Autonomy and sense of the planning will be required.
- Good collaboration with different technical family referents will be required.
- Experience in prefab types of constructions is an asset.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Send hard copy to: MSF Belgium Human Resources Office – FORI CV BOX
Application Deadline 20th January, 2021
How to get more update about the recruitment
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels