Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. The basic salary for this particular job is 100,000 Naira/Monthly excluding other benefits.
MC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Intern
Reference Number: ABV/OPS/2020/0046
Location: Yola Office
Length of internship: 12 Months
- Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with: Accommodation and Travel to base
The Small-Town Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (STWASH) program is a five-year, initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), covering the states of Adamawa, Yobe, and Borno in North East Nigeria. The activity will directly benefit 140,000 households across the three states. Our team, led by Mercy Corps in partnership with WaterAid, is well placed to support the sustainable improvements in access to basic water and sanitation that are necessary to facilitate ongoing recovery, peacebuilding, and economic development across the region.
- Provide full support to STWASH activity and ensure proper management of the day to day affairs of the program.
- Handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner; also take initiative as appropriate.
- MCN Intern Scope of Work
- Manage the STWASH activities’ travel arrangements
- Maintain the office systems, including data management and filing
- Deal with appropriate request
- Preparing agendas and minutes of meetings. Make arrangements for top management meetings.
- Any other administrative duties as may reasonably be required by the supervisor
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Work closely with Mercy Corps Nigeria country team’s security focal point to develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of the team in all aspects of its implementation process.
- Assist Supervisor in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the executive’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for Supervisor
- Organize meetings and ensure that the Team is well prepared for those meetings
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- B.Sc / HND in Secretarial Administration or Office Management with post NYSC experience in executive support to management.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Internet surfing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts.
- Ability to organize and plan work schedule
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- For the duration of this internship assignment the intern will receive: N100,000 Monthly
- The position is based in Adamawa may require travel to field offices in and around Mercy Corps Nigeria as and when required.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements, reference number and location to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job title” as subject of the email.
- All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- We are an equal employment opportunity organization so Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 13th January, 2021.
How to get more update about the recruitment
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels