The Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia is located along Jos Road, Lafia, the Headquarter of Nasarawa State of Nigeria. The school presently has a total of 25 Departments spread over six schools offering 32 NBTE-accredited programmes at ND and HND. Check out the massive recruitment at the institution and apply if interested, ensure you share this post with your contacts.
Table of Contents
Nasarawa State Polytechnic Recruitment
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Principal Officer positions below in Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafla:
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and Secretary to the Governing Council Academic Board and other statutory committees that may be put in place
- He is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
Qualification and Experience
For the post of Registrar, the prospective candidates are expected to posses the following academic qualifications and personal qualities:
- Applicant should hold a good honours degree in Social Sciences or Humanities with a minimum of Second Class Honours from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least seventeen (17) years of cognate experience; or a holder of Master’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning is at least fifteen (15) years of cognate experience, or a holder of Doctorate degree plus at least twelve (12) years of cognate experience in a tertiary institution
- Experience in the Registry for a period of not less than 12 years will be an advantage In addition, he/she must provide evidence of membership of relevant professional
- Must be proficient ICT packages
- The candidate must not be more than 55 years of age as at the time of application.
- The candidate must demonstrate versatility in the management staff and students in a tertiary institution.
- The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, intellectually sound, professionally skillful, and knowledgeable in the and Regulations of the Polytechnic System
- The candidates must also be vast in Public Service Rules, Financial Regulations and Computer application.
- The candidate must be person who is not likely to exhibit racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional sentiments in the discharge of his/her duties.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a term of five (5) years.
Salary and Other Benefits
The salary attached to the position of the Registrar is Consolidate Tertiary Educational Institution’s Salary Structure CONTEDISS 15 (N4,866,343.44 – N5,407,503.00) per annum. Also, the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Nasarawa State Government and as attached to the office of a Principal Officer in the Polytechnic.
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and he is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day running of the Polytechnic Library and for formulating overall library policies.
Qualifications and Experience
For the post of Polytechnic Librarian, prospective candidates are expected to possess the following academics qualification and personal qualities:
- Applicant should hold a good honours Degree in Library and Information Science not below 2nd Class Lower and a Master’s Degree in Library Information Science from a recognized University. A PhD. Degree will be an added advantage evidence of current membership of Library Professional Bodies.
- The candidate must have publications in reputable peer reviewed outlets, both within and outside the country
- The candidate should be proficient in ICT packages; have put in minimum of 15 years post Degree qualification with cognate work experience preferably in the Polytechnic sector, ten (10) of which must be at the Library
- The candidate should not be more than 59 years of age as at the time of application.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be for a term of five (5 years).
Salary and Other Benefits
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Polytechnic Librarian
You May Also Like- Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) 2019 Recruitment- Online Application Form
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- In addition to proven Management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavors and must also be credible.
Qualification and Qualities
The candidate for the post of Rector is expected to posses the following qualifications and qualities:
- Must hold an M.Sc Degree in any technical professional course from a recognized institution or any relevant discipline offered in the Polytechnic, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years working experience. A Ph.D will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer or its equivalent.
- Must not be more than fifty nine (59) years of age as at the time of application.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and/or workshop.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption.
- Must be proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment/Condition of Service
- The appointment is for four (4) years. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Nasarawa State Government.
How to Apply for Nassarawa Polytechnic Recruitment 2019
All interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, twenty (20) typed written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Current postal address including telephone number and email
- Permanent home address, if different from vii. above
- Educational institution attended with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Association(s)
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- Mission statement/proposal on making the Registry Fulfil her objectives (20 copies)
- Evidence of community service
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names arid addresses of (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential Reports directly to the Registrar, Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Post of Registrar” at the top left corner addressed to:
Nasarawa State Polytechnic,
Lafia – Nasarawa State.
Note: Please note that late submission of application will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 27th August, 2019.
For more AVAILABLE JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various social media channels