The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
NRC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer (Fleet) – Internal Position
- NRC is looking for a Logistics Officer (Fleet) in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics Officer is to provide logistics & procurement support to programme activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and tracking all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per the agreed schedule
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse.
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures, and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Service Completion form, etc.)
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at the field level.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in a related field
- Professional qualification in logistics & procurement would be an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Hausa)
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
We Can Offer
- Commencement: ASAP November 2020
- Duration: 2 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 5, Step 1
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
How to Apply for NRC Recruitment
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Procedures and CV Registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Application Deadline 11th November, 2020.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels