This Pension Commission verification 2018 is for workers of THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TREASURY FUNDED MINISTRIES, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES (MDAs) due for retirement between January and December 2019.
We will like to use this medium to inform all employees of Treasury Funded MDAs of the Federal Government, that the National Pension Commission (PenCom) is organizing a nationwide pre-retirement verification and enrolment exercise.
The program is scheduled to begin from the 25th of June 2018 and end on the 17th of August, 2018.
As stated earlier this exercise is for all employees in the service of the Federal Government Treasury Funded MDAs, who are due to retire from service between January and December 2019 by virtue of attaining the applicable maximum age or length of service, whichever is earlier.
HOW TO SUCCESFULLY UNDERGO THE PENCOM VERIFICATION EXERCISE
All persons who meet the above listed conditions for retirement are expected to possess the below listed documents. Please note- You are required to personally come along with the original of the listed documents for sighting while photocopies of the documents would be submitted for verification and enrolment:
- Letter of First Appointment.
- Evidence of Transfer of Service and Acceptance (where applicable).
- Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
- Letter/Evidence of promotion to the Grade Level as at June 2004.
- Letter/Evidence of ALL promotions obtained from 2004 to date.
- Letter of Introduction from the MDA.
- Staff Identity Card.
- Letter/Evidence of Retirement (Applicable to those who have retired Mandatorily/Voluntarily/Disengaged /Termination and yet to enrol with the Commission).
- Letter of Indemnity from the MDA stating Non-Payment of Retirement Benefits (Applicable to those who retired / disengaged before 2009.
- Evidence of registration with a Pension Fund Administrator indicating Retirement Savings Account Personal Identification Number (PIN).
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR MEDICALLY UNFIT EMPLOYEES
Medically unfit employees are exempted from the physical enrolment. Pension Desk Officers of the medically unfit employees are however expected to come along with a letter from a suitably qualified physician or medical board certifying that the employee is no longer physically or mentally capable of carrying out the functions of his/her office in addition to documents listed above.
In other to ensure a stress free verification exercise, the verification exercise is scheduled to hold at fifteen centres through-out the Federation.
PLEASE NOTE- Participants are advised to adhere strictly to dates assigned to each service sector
Click on the link below to find the schedule showing grouping per centre, dates and venues for the exercise.
For Abuja and Lagos Centres, MDAs are grouped with specified dates for the enrolment of prospective retirees in those centres.
We promise to keep updating you as we gather more information on the PENCOM RETIREMENT VERIFICATION EXERCISE 2018 so as to ensure you have a stress free verification..
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels