How to Register and Get Your NIN Online for Free – We will be guiding you on how to properly and successfully register for National Identification Number (NIN) online.
Follow the steps below to see how to register get your NIN at the comfort of your home.
All You Need To Know About NIN
It is the NIN that helps to tie all records about a person in the database and is used to check the identity verified.
- The National Identification Number (NIN) consists of 11 non- intelligible numbers randomly chosen and assigned to an individual at the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB).
- Once a NIN is assigned to an individual, it can never be reassigned, given or used by another person – that makes it unique in nature.
- In the case of the demise of an individual, his/her NIN is retired once a death certificate is presented to the Commission and the individual’s death is established.
- The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also used to establish or verify his/her identity.
- All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enrol for their NINs.
PLEASE NOTE- The NIN should be closely guarded by individuals and not revealed to all and sundry except to relevant authorities when requested (for instance it shouldn’t be disclosed online over social media and should not be printed along with contact details on business cards or other office stationery).
It is mandatory for every citizen and legal resident to enroll for the National Identification Number (NIN). The process is the same whether you choose the self-service or you require an assisted service.
Common & Important Uses of NIN
The National Identification Number (NIN) is the unique number which identifies you for life and is issued to you by NIMC after your enrollment. It is used to match you with your bio-metric data and other details in the National Identity Database during verification and authentication. The NIN is set to be used for all transactions in Nigeria requiring identity verification so you’ll be using your NIN for:
- obtaining your National e-ID card
- travel (international passport application & acquisition)
- opening personal bank accounts
- SIM Card Registration and Linking
- getting your driver’s license
- obtaining your Permanent Voters’ Card
- participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme
- payment of your taxes
- transactions related to your contributory pension scheme
- access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government
- transactions with social security implications
- land transactions subject to the Land Use Act
- any other transactions NIMC may so prescribe and list in the Federal Government Gazette
How to Register NIN Online & NIMC Offices in Nigeria
Step 1 – Applicant visits NIMC website to access the Pre-Enrollment Portal: https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng and the online Enrollment Form.
Step 2 – Applicant fills the Enrollment Form online, prints out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and heads to any NIMC Enrollment Centre.
Step 3 – Applicant verifies and confirms the enrollment data on the system.
Step 4 – Applicant has his/her head-shot photograph, fingerprints and signature captured.
Step 5 – Applicant has his/her supporting documents scanned such as; Birth Certificate, Local Government Identification Card, Voters Card, International Passport etc.
Step 6 – Applicant’s enrollment is acknowledged; two slips are generated and given to the applicant: (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.
How to Register for NIN Online
After NIN registration online, there is still need to go to NIMC Office for completion of the registration process
NIN Registration Portal – NIMC Registration Portal Link
The portal for online registration of NIN to enable you get your National Identity Number is www.penrol.nimc.gov.ng.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free. Hurry now.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels