What do you know about Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)? It is believed that everyone knows how well the company pays it staffs just so they can get the best out of them.
What you may not know however is that Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. The company continuously invest heavily in their employees, which is reflected in their industry-leading development programme and their commitment to see their employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Their commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
The Shell Medical team is a diverse group of highly trained Medical professionals responsible for delivering world class services. Working in a conducive environment with well-equipped facilities, the Occupational Health Physician will coordinate and manage implementation of occupational health services, programmes and standards for SPDC.
Details of available opening
Country of Work Location– Nigeria
City, State (if applicable)- Rivers
Work Location- Port Harcourt Industrial Area
Job Code– 84022BR
- Implement the Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Social Performance (HSSE & SP) control Framework manuals for SPDC
- Supervise work of Environmental Health Officers, Occupational Health Nurse Coordinator, Occupational Hygienist and Health Impact Assessment support staff
- Coordinate Shell Health Wellness program – Human Performance and Care, Expert resource on Occupational Health issues including health promotion
- Performance Monitoring & Reporting Health data to Line HSE Systems and focal points with support to incident classification – Total Recordable Occupational Illness Frequency (TROIF), FACs, Health Safety and Environment Dashboard health items etc.
- Provide competent resource for incidents/accidents reporting/investigations
- Participate in HSSE audits
- Occupational Health support to Asset and Project teams
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS/ MBBCh)
- A Physician with postgraduate professional qualification in Occupational Health with at least 3 years’ post qualification experience in the practice of Occupational Medicine
- Managerial/supervisory experience with clear business focus
- Leadership & Coaching experience
- Change management experience
- Cost-aware / budget management experience
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Experience working in a multicultural environment with diverse population would be an advantage
- Must have completed the Nigeria National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
How to Apply
Before applying, you are advised to read Shell data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
Click on SHELL OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH PHYSICIAN to apply
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
26th of July, 2018
We promise to keep updating you as we gather more information on AVAILABLE RECRUITMENT 2018 so as to ensure you get the job you deserve.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels