SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship 2018- We would like to inform you about the on-going scholarship organized by Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC). This is the 8th annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme. It is specifically for persons from Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States.
The main aim of this scholarship scheme is to ensure that the opportunity is provided for qualified and interested persons from Niger Delta states to further their studies relevant to the oil and gas sector.
In 7 years the SPDC has successfully sponsored 69 students to study at top rated universities in the UK. The scholarship is all-expenses paid.
The opportunity is here again for you to benefit from the SPDC scholarship for the academic year commencing September, 2018.
SPDC in partnership with two universities in the United Kingdom (UK)- (Imperial College London and the University of Leeds) will give scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc studies. Awards will also be made to the University College, London.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions
Imperial College London
University College London
- MSc Chemical/Process Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- MSc Civil Engineering (Geotechnics)
University of Leeds
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2018
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2019
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the local Nigerian consultant
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigeria consultant.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Submit application for admission to any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively, following a formal offer of admission by the university (except the University College, London)
- Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively will process applications and select candidates to attend interview before being considered for final selection.
- For the University College, London Only, written e-mail applications will be made directly to the local Nigerian consultant at the mailbox: SPDC-NDPGemail@example.com, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The local Nigerian consultant will send the application form to applicants by email and process returned applications, then select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than 30th April 2018.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
30th April, 2018.
We promise to keep you updated as soon as more openings are announced. In order for us be able to inform you immediately, we advise that you subscribe to this site using your email. The subscription is totally free.
You are also encouraged to connect with us via our social media platform-