Technical Manager Vacancy at PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc. We will like to use this medium to notify you about the ongoing recruitment at PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc. Kindly see full details of the job below.
Table of Contents
Technical Manager Vacancy at PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc
The above named company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager
Requisition ID: JR001085
Location: Ikorodu Factory, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assess/monitor and continuously improve the material yields and manufacturing standards.
- Develop a program to improve the technical capabilities of the production team.
- Lead the innovation (product and packaging) implementation on the site looking for the best alternatives/options of designs to process/manufacturing.
- Own the margin improvement plan for the factory and interface with the new product development teams.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of a ‘fit for purpose’ Quality Regime in the factory-giving good quality to the market whilst minimizing the costs to the business-eventually leading to ISO 9001, FSSC 22000 accreditations etc.
- Manage the Quality teams responsible to deliver Quality control and Quality assurance in the site.
- Reduce variability of manufacturing processes and minimize the conversion cost through close monitoring.
- Develop, build and make available in the organization the product, process and Packaging expertise relevant to the asset base.
- Give Technical response to quality problems or Product complaints from the market.
- Ensure that products meet all technical legislation and registration processes.
- Initiate and implement the documentation of procedures and policies to guide all technical operations.
- Manage the OSHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results.
- Develop TPM program and support the operations in the Implementation of TPM.
- Technical liaison with Wilmar and PZ Cussons to ensure that best practice is brought in from other factories.
- To ensure compliance with relevant QMS/FSMS policies and procedures.
- To identify and rate aspects of the department activities and develop programs where necessary, to help control those aspect that could have adverse impact on the environment.
- Generate and Manage budget for the team
- Provide necessary support on recruitment and training
EMS, OHSMS and FSSC Responsibilities:
- Implement and comply with EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Ensure the integration of the EMS, OH&S and FSSC requirements into the department processes.
- Ensure effective management of risks and opportunities and implementation of improvement programs.
- Ensure that the EMS, OH&S and FSSC achieve intended results within department.
- Monitor the EMS, OH&S and communicating the extent of compliance to management.
- Act as the Food Safety Leader to ensure, maintain and sustain FSMS implementation
- Understand and apply the intent of the EMS/FSSC/OHS policy and requirements to assigned jobs
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the importance of conformity to the EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements.
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Understand and participate fully in hazard identification, risk assessment and control measure put in place and prevent food safety related hazard in the department.
- Understand roles and responsibilities and the importance of conformity with the EMS, OH&S and FSSC requirement.
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified EMS, OH&S and FSSC procedures as well as legal requirement
Qualifications and Requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- Have a B.Sc Degree in Chemical / Food Engineering, Science with a Diploma in Production Management.
- Have a minimum of 10 years working experience 4 of which must be in similar role.
- Must have detailed knowledge of oils and need relevant experience of Processing.
- Possess excellent Quantitative Analysis skills.
- Good knowledge of financial management.
- Be computer literate especially in MS-word, MS-excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have edible oil experience.
- Be able to act as the training champion for the technical team.
- Must be a Responsible person in the eyes of regulatory authorities
- Checking compliance with product and environment legislation.
How to Apply for PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc Vacancy
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply