UNHCR- United Nations Refugee Agency Recruitment
Read full details and apply.
UNHCR is an equal opportunity organization that seeks talented individuals from all backgrounds to join their mission to create a better world for refugees.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced and stateless people. UNHCR strives to ensure that asylum seekers and safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, war or disaster at home. In line with its global mandate, UNHCR in Nigeria works to safeguard the rights and well being of internally displaced persons (IDPs), refugee returnees, refugees and asylum seekers and persons of concern in the ECOWAS region.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), also known as the UN Refugee Agency, is the world’s leading organization aiding and protecting people forced to flee their homes due to violence, conflict, and persecution. UNHCR provides shelter, food, water, medical care and other life-saving assistance to refugees around the world.
The dream of most refugees is to return home. When possible, UNHCR helps refugees make this dream a reality. When refugees can’t go back home, we work to find opportunities for them to rebuild their lives in another country.
Details of the available job (please note there are other openings, follow link below the post)
Driver (2 Positions)
Position Number: 2018/VA/067
Grade: GS – 2
Years of Experience: 2 Years
- Duty Stations: Maiduguri – Borno State
- Duration of Contract: Two Months
- Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
CONTEXT, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Driver position in the Office normally falls under direct supervision of the Administrative Officer/Assistant. The incumbent is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organisation. He/she is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While basic function of a Driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, he/she may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers and delivery and collection of mail, documents, UNHCR pouch and other items.
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of Primary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school.
- Minimum 2 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good knowledge of English and local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Mechanical skills.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ALL AVAILABLE POSITIONS
Click on http://career.unhcr.ng/ to apply
Hurry and apply.
For more job updates, kindly subscribe to this website using your email. Subscription is free.
Join us on Social Media