United Nigeria Airlines Airline Cargo Officer Recruitment – How to Apply. United Nigeria Airlines is currently seeking candidates for the position of Airline Cargo Officer. This role is essential in managing the booking, loading, and unloading of air cargo for customers. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please read the full details on how to apply below.
Table of Contents
United Nigeria Airlines Airline Cargo Officer Recruitment
Position: Airline Cargo Officer
Department: Commercial Services
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
As an Airline Cargo Officer, your responsibilities include:
- Managing the booking, loading, and unloading of air cargo for customers.
- Coordinating with customers and other departments to ensure timely and efficient shipments.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the air cargo industry.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Providing exceptional customer service while adhering to regulations and procedures.
- Administering plans for handling and storage of cargo.
- Ensuring on-time collection and delivery of cargo.
- Handling cargo-related customer service issues between stations and Cargo agent/s.
- Preparing documentations for the total number of outgoing cargos.
- Preparing master Air Waybills (AWB) before dispatching cargo for loading on board aircraft.
- Reporting breaches in safety and security standards to relevant authorities.
- Reporting breaches of SOPs involving the handling of hazardous materials or goods to supervisors.
- Supporting compliance with height, weight, and special handling requirements.
- Identifying gaps in operations and developing SOPs for the job.
- Ensuring the handling of hazardous materials or goods is in accordance with safety standards and SOPs.
- Monitoring the safe stowage of hazardous materials or goods.
- Performing housekeeping operations and stock control of warehouse cargoes and items.
- Preparing cargo load plans based on weight of Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and available payloads.
- Preparing international shipments for customs by ensuring proper tariffs are completed and attached.
- Recording cargo information such as size, weight, and dimensions.
- Assisting with the tracking of lost or missing shipments.
- Any other duties assigned.
Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related role.
- Previous related work experience in an airline company will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
Job Attributes and Required Skills:
- Good customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of air cargo regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply for United Nigeria Airlines Airline Cargo Officer Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
(Application Deadline: Please Check the Official Application Portal)