WHO is the directing and coordinating authority on international health within the United Nations system. WHO has 194 Member States and more than 7000 people working in 150 country offices, in 6 regional offices and at headquarter in Geneva. WHO offers internships globally in our country and regional offices, as well as at headquarters.
World Health Organization (WHO) Internship Programme 2019
The WHO internship programme has three objectives:
- to provide a framework for assigning students from diverse academic backgrounds to WHO programmes, where educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments
- to expose students to the work of WHO
- to provide WHO programmes with the assistance of students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in health-related programmes, although placements in other area of work like for example communication, external relations, finance or human resources are also possible.
Job Description for WHO Internship 2019
- review literature and conduct literature surveys
- undertake web research and data collection on specific subject area
- organize data and documents
- participate in the development of tools and guidelines
- assist in drafting, formatting and editing policy briefs, tool kits, guides/manuals, hand-outs, brochures and reports
- assist in organizing workshops, meetings, conferences, events
- participate in on-going departmental projects
Qualifications and Requirements
Have completed three years of full-time studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; AND be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they start the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
- Team work
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural difference
All interns should be able to demonstrate the following skills in line with the WHO core competencies:
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Showing willingness to learn from mistakes
- Producing and delivering quality results
- Working collaboratively with team members
How to apply for WHO Internship 2019
All qualified and interested persons can apply using the link below. Please before you proceed to apply, please ensure that you meet the stipulated eligibility status.
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels