Dr Dre has posted a message to thank family, friends and fans for their love and support after he suffered from Brain Aneurysm which got him hospitalized.
The 55 years old rapper, record producer and audio engineer posted this message on his Instagram handle after news of his hospitalization was reported on all social media platforms.
Because of this thing that happened to Dr Dre, many persons have started searching for things like; What is Brain Aneurysm? What is a Brain Aneurysm? and Brain aneurysm causes.
As your INFO PADI, we will be sharing all the information we have gathered about this disease.
What is Brain Aneurysm?
According to Mayo clinic, brain aneurysm is a form of swelling that happens inside the blood vessel in the brain. It always looks like berry hanging on a stem.
Brain aneurysm can leak or rupture (burst), cause bleeding into the brain (hemorrhagic stroke). Most times, rupture brain aneurysm happen in the space between the brain and the thin tissues that covers the brain. This type of hemorrhagic stroke is what they call subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Rupture aneurysm can quickly become a big danger to the person life and such a person will quick medical treatment.
Most brain aneurysms, do not rupture (Burst), but it can create serious health problems or cause symptoms.
Brain aneurysms is more common in adults than in children and more common in women than in men.
Causes of Brain Aneurysm
The causes of brain aneurysm is still largely unknown, however, there are some factors that can increase your risk.
Different number of factors can contribute to weakness in artery wall and increase the risk of brain aneurysm or aneurysm rupture.
Some of the risk factors develop over time; others are present at birth.
Risk factors that develop over time
- Older age
- Cigarette smoking
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Drug abuse, particularly the use of cocaine
- Heavy alcohol consumption
Some types of aneurysms can happen after head injury (dissecting aneurysm) or from certain blood infections (mycotic aneurysm).
Risk factors present at birth
- Inherited connective tissue disorders, example is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which weakens blood vessels.
- Polycystic kidney disease, is an inherited disorder that cause fluid-filled sacs inside the kidneys and usually increase blood pressure.
- Abnormally narrow aorta (coarctation of di aorta), the large blood vessel which delivers blood containing oxygen from the heart to the body
- Cerebral arteriovenous malformation (brain AVM), is an abnormal connection between arteries and veins inside the brain and this blocks the normal flow of blood between them.
- Family history of brain aneurysm, particularly from first-degree relative, like parent, brother, sister, or child.
Symptoms of Brain Aneurysm
For Ruptured aneurysm, sudden, severe headache is the major symptom. This headache is always described as the “worst headache” ever. Other common sign and symptoms are;
- Sudden, extremely severe headache
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stiff neck
- Blurred or double vision
- Sensitivity to light
- A drooping eyelid
- Loss of consciousness
For Leaking aneurysm, the sign and symptom may be;
- Sudden, extremely severe headache
- More severe rupture often follows leaking.
For Unruptured aneurysm, there might be no symptoms, particularly if it is small. However, larger unruptured aneurysm can press on brain tissues and nerves, and cause;
- Pain above and behind one eye
- A dilated pupil
- Change in vision or double vision
- Numbness of one side of the face
Please always ensure you get yourself checked by a doctor regularly.
Be calm Padi’s, pray and prepare rationally. God willing everything will be fine.
You can talk to us on FaceBook @facebook.com/infopadi
Join us on twitter @twitter.com/info_padi_ng