Database Officer at Medecins du Monde (NGO Jobs in Nigeria)- Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
Table of Contents
Database Officer at Medecins du Monde
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Officer
Job Type: Full time
Under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Database Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance with national and MdM procedures:
- Data Management
- Data Report Design
- Other Tasks
NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Data Management on the Corresponding Forms and Tools:
- Receiving the data from the project team or if not, collecting it
- Enter medical data in the mission database appropriately and on a regular basis (from mobile teams and supported health facilities)
- Update and maintenance of database (formulas, graphs…)
- Report and alert to the line manager any problem arising with data provided or the database.
Data Report Design:
- Update the standard monitoring tool designed on Excel
- Create and generate relevant graphs to show the data developments/movements
- Finalizing development of database in collaboration with coordination team if needed
- Contributing to the design of various studies (surveys, new forms…)
- Weekly data review and analysis for the respective facility
Field Monitoring Activities:
- Routine field monitoring activities to ensure Data Quality Assurance (DQA)
- Conduct periodic Data Quality Audit using NHIS tools and report
- Supportive supervision of mobile clinics team to support and improve field data collection
- Instruct colleagues on various tools to be used
- On request, will have to read documents, reports etc to look for data
- Overseeing enumerators during Surveys
- Provide Technical support to facilities registrars
- Provide Sampling for Standard Case Management (SCM) to facility medical supervisors
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Meal supervisor
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Medical Supervisor/Health Program Coordinator
N200,000 – N300,000 / month.
How to Apply for Medecins Du Monde Job/Vacancy
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- He/she works under the supervision of the M & E Officer. The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde – France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
- This job description can be modified according to changes in MDM activities or in the context. It can be amended at any time after mutual consultation, in order to fit the requirements of the programs.
Application Deadline 20th October, 2023.