Mastercard Foundation Enterprise for Youth in Agriculture Program. See full details of how to apply for the 2023/2024 Mastercard Foundation Enterprise for Youth in Agriculture Program. Closing Date for Application and Eligibility Requirements.
Table of Contents
Mastercard Foundation Enterprise for Youth in Agriculture Program
Enterprise for Youth in Agriculture
Through our partnership with Mastercard Foundation, we’re proud to be part of the solution to youth unemployment in Africa.
Work, Learn, and Earn – an opportunity to train unemployed youths and women in vegetable production (Olericulture) using technology. The technologies to be deployed include:
- Greenhouse farming – this is a climate-smart growing method that gives the growers control over biotic and abiotic factors.
- Soilless farming (hydroponics) – a growing method that does not depend on soil, it allows the grower to grow year-round regardless of the season
- ML & AI tools – These will be used in monitoring the irrigation of the plants as well as proper nutrient combination for the plants
- Integrated Pest Management – A combination of physical and biological control will be used throughout the project to ensure proper pest management.
Students will be admitted quarterly into the project, 1000 students per quarter and will be grouped in 50s. In a year there will be 4 admissions, thus:
- Annual student intake = 4000
- A batch of students admitted quarterly = 1000
- A batch consist of 20 groups
- A group consist of 50 team members
- All 50 students in a group have joint ownership of a 3 plots hydroponics farm
- Each group will have the technical team (16), Agronomy team (12), Packaging/branding team (8), logistics (6) and Account/Management team (8)
- All students will be trained on basic greenhouse setup
- All students will be trained on basic soilless farm setup
- All students will be trained on basic ML and AI setup
- All students will be trained on basic Olericulture production
- Students will be trained also based on their units – technical, agronomy etc so they can manage the company on their own
- The students will earn a stipend during the 3 month of training
- Accommodation is provided for 3months
- Learn how to setup/manage greenhouses and hydroponics
- Earn salaries from their company from the 4th month of inception from produce sales.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Federal Government Alat Skillnovation Programme for Nigerians
- You must be between 18 – 29 years at the time of application.
- Genuine interest in Olericulture
- Available for 12 weeks of physical training
- You must be physically and mentally fit to work with a team on the farm
- Willingness to work and live within the project location (Awowo, Abeokuta, Ogun state)
- You don’t have a criminal record
- Willingness to adhere to and respect the rules and regulations of the project and its location
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Enterprise for Youth in Agriculture Program
All interested and qualified Nigerian Youth can apply using the link provided here