Egbin Power Plc Recruitment for Plant HSE Officer
Egbin Power Plc is presently hiring interested and qualified candidates to fill the position of Plant HSE Officer. See below for information on how to apply for the Job Vacancies at Egbin.
To be considered for job openings, you must first understand the qualifications and requirements for applying for Egbin Power Plc Recruitment.
About Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant HSE Officer
Job Identification: 197
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Table of Contents
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out daily safety inspection tours of the two engines covered under BGC C, record findings and follow up with Plant HSE Lead for closure
- Ensure the implementation of QHSE contractual requirements by all contractors performing jobs around the BGC C.
- Provide weekly hazard status reports of the assets, indicating the extent or effectiveness of closeout actions.
- Maintain an incident log of all incidents minor or major within the area and fashion out mitigative measures
- Be involved in all incident investigations involving BGC C and report UAUCs arising from this area.
- Be involved with induction training, toolbox talks, confined space works and general permit requirements for the area of responsibility
- Carry out related duties as shall be assigned from time to time by The Head QHSE or Plant HSE Lead.
Education and Work Experience
- Prospective candidate must possess B Engr., BSc or HND in Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic
- Operations and maintenance or other engineering exposure is an added advantage
- Must have at least 3 years of cognate experience
- ISPON level 3 and NEBOSH IGC are a must for this role
- Membership in professional bodies like ISPON, IOSH, and WSO is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, hazard identification, and job hazard Analysis
- Ability to work flexibly within a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have good communication and people engagement skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Closing Date
All applications must be completed and summited on or before 26th January, 2024; 09:00
YOU MAY LIKE TO SEE: Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission Course (DSSC) 28/2024 Recruitment