Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. They operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. Apply for this opportunity. Ensure you share this post with all your friends.
Every day their 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with their customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential.
Are you looking for
– An avenue for you to develop your Career in a diversified and challenging environment, working for the Leading Shipping Company and interacting with a wide range of multinational colleagues working to achieve one goal,
– Gaining insight into finance and accounting processes,
– Chance to learn different aspects within the cluster,
– Great opportunity to improve analytical, communication and customer management skills.
MAERSK are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Collector
The CWA Area Collections team is looking for a passionate finance professional for the role of Collector. The Collector will be based in Kano and will work closely with their colleagues in GSC in line with the MLOS minimum standard meeting requirements – being on top of collection, manage the total outstanding, handle invoicing, statement queries and collection from the customers.
- Collector will ensure to follow up for all the payments to be applied on time and correctly.
- Follow to ensure Freight and detention tariff in AFLS/CXED are updated correctly and free time extensions are done timely.
- Make weekly reconciliation on the different accounts and the corresponding system balance and clearing aged outstanding items.
- Ensure Credit Review process is executed as and when required as per global blue print and processes.
- Review Credit Renewal requests and ensure process is followed in line with global Act as the communication interface between FCRM and sales team and ensure that credit process/approvals is aligned with Global Authority Matrix.
- Monitor, and evaluate customer who exceed their credit terms in a timely manner and ensure appropriate follow up is taken by sales/collections teams.
- Monitor daily emails and ensure these are either responded to or forwarded to the correct department/escalation point in a timely and accurate manner.
Requirements and Qualification
- A financial educational background as degree in Finance, Accounting or a Chartered Accountant qualification.
- Prior proven experience (at least 3 years) in a similar function or in a consulting firm
- Support the standardization of global collections process and ensure clear communication of relevant processes with cluster stakeholders.
- Engage, where necessary with clusters to deliver reports and decisions regarding credit review, credit evaluation and credit renewal processes.
- Be able to make sound decisions supported by facts and data available through banks, financial reports, and historical behaviours with the group and credit bureau information.
- Hausa speaker,
- Can influence without authority
- Preferably experienced in working closely with offshore teams in service centres.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates should Click on the application link here to apply
7th December, 2018
You may also like
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Let us make your dream of getting a good job a reality, we will join you on the entire process journey as your info PADI. We will also inform you on more amazing opportunities in Nigeria and Abroad.
In order to do this, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your mail. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here