Office Management Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General- The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
Table of Contents
Office Management Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
The US Consulate General Lagos is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Management Assistant
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-044RA
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: FP – 0120 8
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: FP-8
Telework Eligible: No
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (XX weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required.
- The incumbent performs the clerical and administrative duties as the Office Management Assistant (OMA) for the Political and Economic Section (Pol/Econ) relating to the general day-to-day management of the Pol/Econ office.
- S/he reports to the Deputy Pol/Econ Chief and assists all members of the Section. S/he will assist with scheduling official meetings, arranging and coordinating events and travel – both within Lagos and outside – for members of the Pol/Econ Section as well as visiting U.S. government officials (including the Ambassador and Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM)), and the Principal Officer (PO), on occasion.
- The incumbent will be expected to liaise with the Abuja Front Office (FO), the General Services Office (GSO), the Public Affairs Section (PAS), the Regional Security Office (RSO), Foreign Commercial Services (FCS), Foreign Agriculture Services (FAS), and the official residence employees in order to coordinate all logistical support required for the Section.
- The incumbent is required to have unescorted access to the Controlled Access Area (CAA) where the Pol/Econ office is located and therefore will require a Secret security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- 2 years of university education is required.
- Minimum One year experience in a similar office management or secretarial role handling duties such as coordinating calendars, sending emails, scheduling meetings and events, and arranging travel.
- Knowledge of Tags and Terms for the general principles of filing, general office procedures and computer-based data management
- This may be tested .Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency reading / writing / speaking English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment (PCs, faxes, phones, copying machines, etc.)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook to organize tasks, calendars, and contact databases; and Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint to draft documents, organize information, and present information.
- Must be able to use internet browsers.
- Must be able to find information quickly using written and on-line sources on the internet and to distinguish reliable from unreliable information.
- Must be able to write logically and clearly, developing and expressing ideas effectively, while following the general rules of standard written English.
- Must be able to proof-read and edit documents written by others.
- Must be able to acquire understanding of local government agencies and structure and communicate effectively and professionally with the local and diplomatic community.
- Must be able to type 40 wpm.
- Must have good computer user skills (MS Office).
- Must be able to find innovative solutions to practical problems.
- Must be able to plan, organize and prioritize complex tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle several different tasks at once and maintain a high standard performance while under pressure.
How to Apply for Office Management Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
YOU CAN ALSO APPLY FOR- Commercial Assistant Recruitment at the U.S. Consulate General
Application Deadline 25th July, 2022.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “”APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria
Do you want to work in United States of America? Apply here
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels