Nigerian Voters Card 2018- There is a new program on ground which was set up by INEC, it is called the Continuous Voter Registration. It commenced on the 27th of April, 2017. This is to ensure that nobody is denied the right to be able to vote. You can register for your voters card anytime you like.
You can do this registration in any of the geographic zones as listed below
- Cross River
- Akwa Ibom
Other states can also have this Continuous Voter Registration, you can find out if your state of residence offers this special service.
The registration can be done from Mondays to Fridays between the hours of 9.00am and 3.00pm daily excluding public holidays.
The main activities of the CVR Nationwide are:
- Fresh Registration
- Transfer of Voters
- Distribution of Permanent Voters Card (PVCs)
To be Eligible for CVR, you:
- Must be a citizen of Nigeria
- Must have attained the age of 18 years, on or before the registration day.
- Are 18 years and could not register in any of the previous registration exercise.
- Are a resident, works in, or originate from the LGA/Area Council or RA/Ward covered by the Registration Area Centre.
- Not subject to any legal incapacity to vote under any law, rules or regulations in force in Nigeria
- Must present yourself to the CVR officers for registration and is able to provide proof of identity, age and nationality, if requested;
- Must have registered before but your name/photograph/fingerprints were not captured; such a person must provide his/her Temporary Voters Card (TVC)
- Has PVC or TVC but names not on Register of Voters.
How to transfer your Voters Card
It is true that every Nigerian has the right to live in any part of the Country. It is also true that an important part of the Voter Registration is that an eligible person is advised to register at the centre nearest to his/her residence.
The reason for this is to ensure that the voters can easily access the Polling Unit (PU) and vote on Election Day.
However, a person who has relocated/moved to another place outside the unit in which he/she registered cannot vote in his/her new location unless he/she transfers his/her registration.
To do this transfer, you must visit one of these centers.
For more NIGERIAN VOTERS CARD UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
It is your right to vote and be voted for, let us make the political journey a success. In order to do this, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your mail. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here
You can also Contact Us