The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to apply for the below listed position in the company. Share this post with friends.
Details of the Job
JOB TITLE – Contracting & Procurement Expediters
JOB LOCATION – Lagos
The Expediter role requires someone with excellent communication skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting business deadlines and receiving critical orders on time. The expediter will be responsible for communicating with vendors and freight forwarders to ensure that Shell’s supplier partners deliver on time. The Expediter will be required to report any pending delivery delays to the end users and buyers and work with vendors and freight forwarders to help get deliveries to their destinations as soon as possible.
- Contact vendors to ensure purchase orders are received and acknowledged
- Maintain constant contact with vendors and freight forwarders while deliveries are en-route.
- Notify procurement lead and the business in a timely & proactive manner if a critical delivery is going to be late.
- Work with vendors to solve invoicing issues that could delay critical shipments.
- Work in a systematic way to identify and prioritize order deliveries.
- Work with the shipping team to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Run assigned reports to aid managerial decision making.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Buyers, Users, inventory controllers, Receipt and Dispatch (R & D) Team, Clearing and Forwarding Team, Vendor services team members, shipping team, vendors and the Freight Forwarders.
- Attend integrated activity planning and scheduling meetings to provide insight into delivery.
- Prepare various reports within the procurement Team that enables weekly procurement performance assessment.
- Attend the weekly team meetings and provide feedback on deliveries.
- Ensure business ethics are maintained to the highest level and ensure compliance with the Shell Group Statement of General Business Principles.
- Reports To: Supplier Delivery Lead
- Interfaces: Procurement Leads, Contract Managers, Vendors, Users (Requesters), Vendor Services, Inventory Analysts, shipping team, Receipt and Dispatch (R & D), Clearing and Forwarding Team.
- Approximately 60 Work Orders for expediting per month
- Dealing with tight deadlines and the ability to strongly influence vendor delivery performance.
Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Click on Contracting & Procurement Expediters Form to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING
24th of November, 2018
Other Available Positions in SPDC
Contracting & Procurement Buyers Asset Focal
Contracting & Procurement Vendor Master Maintainer
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Let us make your JOB search journey easier, we will join you on the entire process journey as your info PADI. We will also inform you on more amazing opportunities in Nigeria and Abroad.
In order to do this, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your mail. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here
You can also Contact Us