Storekeeper Vacancy at Medecins Sans Frontieres- How to Apply for Storekeeper Vacancy at Medecins Sans Frontieres.
Storekeeper Vacancy at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières Provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Medecins Sans Frontieres are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Contract Period: Indefinite
- Planning and supervising the execution of the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, waybill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line Mangers instruction.
- Performing delegated tasks according to her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
SEE ALSO: International Breweries Plc Graduate Management Trainee Program 2023
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Organize and maintain dispatch and reception inventory and storage area, Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy, anticipating problems before anything arises.
- Receive orders and deliveries, identify and report potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others, and store materials following the system in force to ensure continuous availability
- Update the stock in Unifield for all stock items immediately after the reception of goods. Check received cold boxes and control the cold chain-monitoring card
- In conjunction with the supervisor, perform physical stock counts following the frequency previously defined. Follow up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, and expiry dates
- Give regular feedback to the supervisor and report directly any issue or incident
- Organize inventory together with supervisor according to the chronogram, inform in advance all clients, make an inventory report after, and share it with his/her supervisor,
- Ensures filing for all stock management documentation.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information, and utilize reports to project warehouse status Update and share with the client dispatching area volume and weight of items available, booking and estimating the volume and capacity of cargo.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in warehousing or supply related studies.
- Previous experience as a Storekeeper is desirable.
- Two years’ experience in Similar Role is desirable (Preferably working experience with MSF or other NGOS)
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work Experience in developing countries or similar context is desirable.
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
How to Apply for MSF Recruitment
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Degree, Certificates and NYSC Certificate / exemption (Softcopies) as follows to:
email@example.com using “Application for the position of a Storekeeper” as the subject of the email.
Send hard copies to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama, Maitama,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application
Application Deadline 1st March, 2023.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Nestoil Limited Recruitment for Human Resources Officer
Leave a Reply