United Nations Development Programme Recruitment – Driver | How to Apply for Driving Job at UNDP. UNDP recruitment application portal.
Table of Contents
United Nations Development Programme Recruitment – Driver
UNDP is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
- This job opening is being advertised for the position of Driver GS-2 located in the OCHA Maiduguri Office and reports to the Administration Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Administration Assistant, the Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior staff.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is wash and clean.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensure insurance cover of assigned vehicle is valid.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates should possess a Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years of work experience as a driver; safe driving record is required.
- Knowledge of driving rules, regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair is required.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Respect for diversity:
- Works effectively with people from all backgrounds. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Treats men and women equally.
- Shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making.
- Examines own biases and behaviours to avoid stereotypical responses.
- Does not discriminate against any individual or group.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others;
- Places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Fluency in English and national language of the duty station is required.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: NATCOM Recruitment Portal – FG National Commission
How to Apply for UNDP Driver Vacancy
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline- 14th Septembr, 2023