The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (Wits), is a leading research and postgraduate university in the commercial heart of Africa. This is to notify all our readers on the Call for applications for Postgraduate Training Scholarships in Implementation Science for 2020 Academic Year (Starting January, 2020) in the above mentioned school.
TDR Scholarships/ Witwatersrand School of Public Health
The University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health, in conjunction with the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases(TDR-hosted at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland) invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full scholarship supported by TDR to undertake full-time Master Degree Programme in the field of Implementation Science.
The degree programme is open to candidates from a range of disciplines including Clinical and other health-related fields; Statistics and other quantitative fields, as well as Demography and Social Sciences. The degree programme should also appeal to candidates who want to become more involved in research in health-related fields.
Benefits of Scholarship/Package
The scheme will provide full scholarships for nine (9) Masters in the 2020 academic year and covers the following:
- Return economy air fare
- Tuition fees
- Basic medical and accident insurance
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation.
- Support for the research project expenses
Degree to be awarded in the TDR Scholarship Program
- MSc Epidemiology in the field of Implementation Science (18 months full-time)
Eligibility and Requirements for TDR Scholarship 2019/2020
- Be resident in and a national of a low-or middle-income country in the WHO African Region.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years for the Master’s Programme. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Be proficient in English.
- Meet the Programme’s requirements: http://www.wits.ac.za/publichealth/academic-programmes/postgraduate/master-of-science-in-epidemiology/
How to Apply for WITS School of Public Health Postgraduate Training Scholarships.
The application process is two-fold. Click Here to Apply
- Application to the University of the Witwatersrand
Apply by completing a University of the Witwatersrand postgraduate application form online at: http://www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate/applications/
Application deadline is 31 July 2019.
- Application for the TDR scholarship
The application for the TDR scholarship should be made separately in writing and should include the following documents:
- A letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- A certified copy of the bio-data page of the passport.
- Evidence of application to study Implementation Science as the field of study in the MSc Epidemiology Programme at the University of the Witwatersrand of the School of Public Health commencing in the 2019 academic year.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including a description of relevant research and work experience.
- Two confidential referee reports should be sent directly by the referees to Mrs Gloria Bowes (Gloria.Bowes@wits.ac.za).
Closing Date for Application
The application deadline for TDR scholarships is 31 July 2019. The application deadline for admission application at the university is 31 July 2019.
For more update on this scholarship and other awesome available scholarships, kindly subscribe to this website using your active email address. Subscription is totally free.
Join us on our social media platforms