The World Bank are committed to improving the lives of people around the world especially the young ones. Are you a young professional thinking about a career at the World Bank? Applications to the Young Professionals Program is now open. The Young Professionals Program is a good means to improve your qualification and also earn good money as monthly stipends. Read full details of the World Bank Young Professionals Program and how to apply for it successfully.
World Bank – Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2019/2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) welcomes all qualified individuals with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds. Specifically, women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the WBG.
The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as
- public health,
- social sciences,
- urban planning, agriculture, natural resources to name a few.
Every year, around 45 to 50 applicants are accepted into the program. Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1987
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages — Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish — is desired, but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
Compensation and Benefits/Salary
- Salary: Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience.
- Relocation and Transportation Benefits- The World Bank will bear the cost of one-way transportation of staff and immediate dependent family from the staff member’s residence.
- A one-time grant is included in the first paycheck to cover the cost of relocation.
How to Apply for World Bank Young Professionals Program 2019
Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program and,
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
Click on the link here to apply World Bank Young Professionals Program 2019
Use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser
You can also apply for- World Bank Graduate Internship Program 2019- Apply
Closing Date for Application for World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2019/2020
The application for the 2020 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program at the World Bank is open from June 1 – June 30, 2019
Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any changes/updates.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will receive an email confirmation along with a YPP ID number.
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels