The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) PhD scholarship can only be applied for online; this post contains a step by step guide on applying for the scholarship.
You will find here the application guidelines and all other important information needed to apply for this scholarship. Please take your time to go through this update as it would be really beneficial to you.
As stated on the official website of the PTDF, the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the below named scholarship/grant
2018/2019 Overseas PhD Scholarship Scheme under PTDF Strategic Partnerships with Germany, France & China
The Strategic Partnership Scholarship was developed to improve the Funds’ Overseas Scholarship Scheme by offering candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe.
In recognition of the fact that the best education can be found on numerous shores, the Fund has sought out strategic partnerships in Germany, France and China where candidates are offered the opportunity to study in English-taught classes and conduct research in world- class facilities where they will also have the opportunity of experiencing new cultures and work environments.
Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the three countries.
The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. The programmes will also include language classes to aid scholars settle into their new environments. Please note that the Fund will be responsible for obtaining admissions for the candidates to their selected programmes.
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum Of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
- Applicants must also include their masters degree project
You are expected to scan copies of the following documents and attach it to your online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
Method of Application
If you are interested in applying, click on I WANT TO APPLY
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
All successful candidates who made it pass the first round will be asked to submit their transcripts.
Ensure you have an active valid e-mail address; this is the only mail you will use to register. Vital information would be sent to you via mail.
Study the instructions carefully before applying; this is to limit all errors.
Deadline for application
February 5th, 2018
For more Scholarships and Grants Updates, subscribe to this site.
Let us help you achieve you achieve your academic and educational goals; we will join you on the entire process journey as your info PADI.
In order to do this, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your mail. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here