This might be coming late, but this is an important information. This is specifically for all those who may find it difficult to get hand sanitizers as a result of the increase in price or the scarcity of the product in large quantities. This DIY article will help you make hand sanitizers locally at home for your personal use or for business (at a pocket friendly price).
What is Hand Sanitizer?
Hand sanitizer is a type of liquid generally used to reduce infectious agents on the human hands. Hand Sanitizers are generally more effective at killing microorganisms and better tolerated than soap and water.
Materials needed to make hand sanitizers at home
- 1 bottle of ABU mec methylated spirit
- 1 bottles of SKG PHARMA hydrogen peroxide
- 1 bottles of glycerin with rose water (BELL or Eden)
- 1 bottle of 1.5L water swan, nestle or Eva water
Please Note- the specific brands mentioned above meets the specification as personal concentration set by WHO (World Health Organization)
How to prepare hand sanitizer (1.5L gallon)
- Get a 1.5L empty clean bottle or better still the Eva water that you buy, you can empty the water in a clean bowl and use the bottle to prepare the hand sanitizer.
- Get 31.2mls of hydrogen peroxide and pour into the bottle
- Add 22mls of the glycerin with rose water into the bottle
- Add 1.25L of the methylated spirit into the bottle
- Finally make the volume to the 1.5L mark of the bottle (i.e 203ml of the water)
- Shake very well and label the bottle properly (to avoid accidental consumption of the liquid)
That’s all you need to know on making hand sanitizers at home.
Please stay with us for more updates concerning Your Health and Healthy Living/Lifestyle Choices, you are advised to subscribe to this site using your email so as not to miss out on any important updates and other great opportunities.
Subscription is totally free.
You are also encouraged to CONNECT WITH US via any of the channels listed below