Duties of the Job
Under the supervision of the Executives, the successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Prepare and analyze quarterly financial statements for presentation to Executive;
- Maintain effective communication and working relationship with Executive and Coop Members;
- Provide future price and financial forecast information needed for long-range planning;
- Represent the cooperative and portrays a positive image to members and others in the Institute;
- Maintain accurate membership records and solve operational problems
- Ensure assets are utilized productively and safeguarded from loss;
- Ensure the Coop provides outstanding customer service to its members and customers;
- Prepare regular monthly reports of activities to the Executives;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive.
- Assist in implementing the cooperative Bye-Laws and work with the Executive to set implementation frameworks;
- Handle loan application and reconcile monthly deductions sheet with payroll sheets;
- Assist in coordinating the cooperative society meeting and Executive agendas;
- Supervise and coordinate the business activities of the Coop by managing the people, capital, and assets;
- Maintain an adequate bookkeeping and accounting system;
- Take responsibility for the implementation of the coop accounting automation systems
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
- Prepare and present timely and effective reports to the Executive with appropriate analysis;
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc/HND Cooperative Studies and Management, Accounting or Business Management, PE II ICAN. Possession of ACA or ACCA would be an added advantage. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a related role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Excellent team working skills with less supervision.
- Excellent computer skills in the use of financial applications (Oracle or Peachtree, QuickBooks or other Accounting software)
The society offer highly competitive salary obtainable in other departmental cooperatives with fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click on the IITA Application Form here to apply
Closing Date for Application
27th December, 2018.
You may also like– Embassy of Brazil in Abuja 2019 Recruitment for Technical Assistant- Apply
VIEW OTHER 2019 ENTRY LEVEL PROGRAM OPENINGS
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels