This is to notify the entire populace about the on-going internship opportunity at United Nations (UN) strictly for females. You would get the correct application guide and how to successfully apply here.
In Nigeria, the UN Women Country Office supports the Nigerian Government to implement its development vision, aligned to United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership Framework (UNSDPF) as well as UN Women’s Strategic Plan.
UN Women Nigeria seeks to engage a young, dynamic graduate to serve as an intern within its Communications team. The internship will initially be issued for a period of three months and, subject to good performance, may be extended for a further three months. The purpose of the internship is to give students the opportunity to have a first-hand experience for them to build their capacity as part of their studies and to also contribute to the work of UN Women.
Job Location: Abuja, NIGERIA
Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial duration of 3 months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Communications Associate, the intern will, the following tasks:
- Provide support to collect information, write and disseminate content (UN Women social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Assist in the production of communication materials that showcase the added value and thought leadership of UN Women Nigeria
- Assist the communications team: in the organization of key outreach events like International Women’s Day, and other project events and opportunities
- Support in dissemination of information and publications;
- Participate in meetings and perform other communications/advocacy support tasks as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- The intern should be pursuing academic studies in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Development Studies or other similar subject at post graduate level.
- Be enrolled in a post graduate school programme (second university degree, or equivalent, or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required.
- No work experience is required
- Some knowledge and experience in events coverage, organizing events and/or training, media relations and/or advocacy campaigns, using traditional and social media will be an asset
- Some experience in graphic design (Adobe suite) and creating communication materials will be an added advantage
- Strong computer skills, Word, Excel, Power Point.
VIEW OTHER 2019 JOB OPENINGS
- Genesis Group Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2019- Apply
- Ecobank Graduate Trainee 2019- Apply
- OkadaBooks Graduate Nationwide Recruitment 2019- Apply
- Flour Mill Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program 2019- Apply
- Nestle Nigeria Human Resources Service Specialist Recruitment 2019- Apply
How to Apply for the UN Women Internship
Click here to apply for the UN women internship
4th March 2019
Let us make your job search a success; we will join you on the entire process as your info PADI.
In order to do this, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your mail. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here
You can also Contact Us