Do you have all it takes to work at the British Council? Check out the full details of this job below and proceed to apply for the job if interested. We will like to inform you that the British Council has opened its portal for interested persons to apply for the position of Grant Officer. The salary is very attractive (N8,106,739 per year).
British Council Grant Officer Recruitment
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. They create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries in this case Nigeria.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Pay Band: 6/G
Duration: Fixed Term 3+ years
Role Type: Business Delivery
Reports to: Operations Manager
Department: Education & Society
Purpose of the Job
- This role is to manage the grants function of the programmes in line with the programme strategies, implementation plans and financial plans, and to client’s corporate standards.
The Overall Objective of the programme is to contribute to more inclusive, effective, accountable and gender-responsive development in Nigeria; while its specific objectives is to enhance the credibility and role of CSOs as drivers of change for sustainable development in Nigeria. The programme has an annual turnover of around £3-£4m and will be implemented at the Federal level and in selected states where EU programmes concentrate.
Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Main Duties
Project management and delivery:
- Coordinate and quality assure the grants inputs into planning, financial and project management processes, including cash-flow forecasting, reconciliation of grants disbursements and maintain financial records and documentation.
- To manage and maintain programme grants databases.
- Organising meetings where required to support programme/partners’ grants activities.
- Reviewing partners financial and narrative reports; and supporting documentation (monthly etc) in line with contractual requirements and standards as set out in the Grants Manual.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Passport requirements/ Right to work in country (All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria. British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.)
- Assessment stage: Shortlisting
- Direct contact or managing staff working with children? (Appropriate child protection assurance checks in accordance with British Council policy)
Note: Some unsocial hours, weekend work and travel may be required where the need arises.
You May Also Like- Procurement Officer Recruitment at British Council- Apply Here
- Graduate level education
- ACA/ACCA/CPA Professional Accounting qualifications
- Project management qualification aligned to P&P professional standards (APM) at the appropriate level of the role
How to apply for British Council Grant Officer Job
All interested and qualified candidates are expected to click on the application link provided below
Click on British Council Grant Officer Application Form here to apply
Closing Date for Applying for BC Grant Officer Job
The application deadline is 28th July, 2019
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various social media channels