Exxon Mobil are currently recruiting for a General Counsel, based in Lagos, Nigeria. The company offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan, private health care for employees and their families and, where applicable, relocation assistance. Ensure you share this post with all your friends.
First stage will involve a telephone interview or skype. However, at second stage they want to interview locally in Leatherhead for this role with a pool of candidates at this base who are willing to relocate.
Job Role Responsibilities
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (“MPN”), an ExxonMobil affiliate incorporated in Nigeria, is one of the largest crude oil and natural gas producers in Nigeria. MPN is conducting a search to fill its General Counsel position. The General Counsel will be responsible for managing a challenging and high profile portfolio and acting as a key interface with the MPN Upstream Senior Leadership Team. The successful applicant will be highly motivated with a proven track record of excellence.
Primary Job Functions:
- Work closely with and advise MPN Senior Leadership Team on significant matters
- Interface and coordinate with ExxonMobil Law Department
- Represent MPN in the negotiation, drafting and implementation of agreements supporting a wide variety of transactions and operations in the oil and gas industry
- Responsible for managing high profile litigation and arbitration docket, including case evaluation, retention and oversight of outside counsel, developing strategic plan for significant matters, reporting on case status
- Responsible for developing and delivering an effective legal compliance training program and providing ongoing advice on legal compliance issues
- Licensed to practice in Nigeria
- Strong academic record; LLM preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant legal work
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong analytical and research skills and ability to exercise sound business judgment
- Experience with legal compliance issues (e.g., antitrust and anti-corruption)
- Experience with strategically managing litigation and arbitration matters
- Ability and desire to work both independently and as a member of an integrated team
- Able and willing to travel internationally
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with drafting and negotiating complex agreements
- Demonstrated record of leadership and initiative
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Experience in multinational corporate legal department
- Experience in effectively managing teams of lawyers and developing talent
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
Alternate Location: Nigeria : Eket || Nigeria : Lagos
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company’s safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested and qualified persons should click on the application link here- Exxon Mobil General Counsel Application Link
Do you want to work in United States of America? Apply here
VIEW OTHER 2019 ENTRY LEVEL PROGRAM OPENINGS
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels