This update is specifically made to inform all our readers about the ongoing 2019 recruitment at the Federal Ministry of Environment, Nigeria. Are you interested in applying for this federal job? Check out more details of the job below and apply accordingly.
- The UNOP HOC Support Programme will build on the challenges and various efforts by the Government of Nigeria in implementing the NDC through existing strategies and action plans. It will enhance the capacities of relevant institutions directly involved in the implementation of the Action Plan to mobilize finance, increase private sector participation and provide advisory services for mainstreaming gender responsive measures across all sectors in the implementation process.
- The Federal Ministry of Environment in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is embarking on a project to support the implementation of the NDC Sectoral Action Plan with a focus on the five priority sectors of Agriculture, Power/Energy, Transport, Oil & Gas and Industry.
The Nigerian Federal Ministry of Environment in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) are inviting suitable candidates to apply for the positions below
Available Positions and How to Apply
Job Title: Administrative & Financial Assistant
Duration: One-year renewable
- A Project Administrative and Financial Assistant (AFA) will be recruited to provide daily assistance to the Project Manager.
- The AFA will be hired as a full-time project staff member for the duration of the project.
- Assist the Project Manager to establish and maintain good communication and coordination with Government counterparts, donor agencies, private sector, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Assist the Project Manager to review the overall project work plan and budget allocation
- Organize meetings, including Steering Committee and Technical Working Group meetings, and taking minutes of the meetings
- Provide administrative and logistical support such as drafting correspondence letters, organize filing system and record/update project inventory list.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing the TORs and in organizing interviews for selection of candidates for consultants and sub-contractors
- Assist the Project Manager in keeping regular monitoring of the progress of the project and take corrective actions to ensure that the project is achieving expected outputs within the given time frame add budget
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing progress updates, Quarterly and Annual reports to the government and UNDP.
- Assist the project team in preparing the terminal report to the government and UNDP Perform any other functions as required by the Project.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge of UNDP and other foreign-assisted project implementation procedures, including procurement, disbursements, reporting and monitoring would be an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong computer skills especially for Word Processing and Spreadsheets
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- University Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business Administration or Accountancy.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in administration and project management or equivalent
- Extensive experience in organizing meetings, workshops and writing reports
Job Title: Project Manager
Duration: One-year renewable
- The candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working independently.
- He/she should have a strong scientific/technical and policy background on the UNFCCC, Paris Agreement, NDC regime and particularly in the priority sectors identified under the project.
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people from governments, agencies, non-governmental organizations, and research institutions is essential.
- A good understanding of the national institutional framework is highly desirable.
- He/she must be able to draft fluently in English.
- The Project Manager (PM) will be based in the Department of Climate Change (DCC) in Abuja.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day project activities including activities of the Project Management Unit (PMU) and project consultants
- Supervise and coordinate the production of project outputs with the Technical Working Groups (TWGs) and the Project Consultants
- Organize and facilitate the Project Steering committee (PSC) and TWG meetings and any other meetings with Government counterparts, donor agencies, private sector, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Ensure a close working relationship between UNDP, the DCC and other parties involved in project implementation.
- Foster and establish inks with related national and regional projects, and other international programmes;
- Ensure that the project is implemented with the full participation of relevant national and local institutions.
- Organize national workshops under the project, including agendas, resource persons and participants
- Ensure the publication and dissemination of the reports identified as project outputs.
- An advanced Science degree (MSc and above) in a subject related to Environmental Management
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the field of climate changer
- Familiarity with the Paris Agreement and the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC)
- Demonstrated successful leadership in the design and execution of projects related to the field of climate change
- Good understanding of Nigeria’s environment and development issues as well as national obligations towards the UNFCCC.
- Familiarity with low carbon development issues.
- Substantial experience in the workings of the Nigerian Government and in interdepartmental procedures
- Strong knowledge of Nigerian Government policies and strategies
- Ability in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated strong leadership and partnership
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and foster cooperation between agencies, including Government, private sector participants, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Good knowledge of ward processing and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Excellent communication (Written and Oral) Skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills as well as working well within a team environment.
VIEW OTHER 2019 JOB OPENINGS
- Live and Work in Turkey 2019- Apply/Register
- Real Property Assistant 2019 Recruitment at U.S. Embassy- Apply
- Personal Assistant Vacancy at British High Commission 2019-Apply
- UNICEF Massive Nationwide Recruitment 2019- Apply
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) 2019 Recruitment- Apply
- Norwegian Refugee Council Education Assistant Recruitment 2019- Apply
- Sustainable Development International (SUSDEVI) Recruitment 2019- Apply
- AYEEN 2019 BUSINESS FUNDING PROGRAM- Apply
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates are expected to submit their Applications with a Cover Letter stating why they are the most suitable candidate for the advertised positions above to: email@example.com
Closing Date for Application
12th March, 2019.
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Let us make your dream of getting a good job a reality, we will join you on the entire process journey as your info PADI. We will also inform you on more amazing opportunities in Nigeria and Abroad.
In order to do this, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your mail. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here
You can also Contact Us