Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
Action Against Hunger Recruitment/Careers
Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Human Resources (HR)
Reporting to: Operations Support Coordinator
Proposed start date: September 2022
- They are currently looking to fill the role of Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for Implementing HR policies and procedures of the Nigeria country office to ensure optimum HR performance and provide high-quality HR support to staff and programs.
SEE ALSO – HR & Admin Officer Recruitment at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Implement staff regulations and related policies; proposing change when necessary, in order to ensure ongoing compliance with national labour laws. Any adjustment of existing HR policies will require prior discussion with the Head of HR and the Operations Support Coordinator at the country level, and ratification by the HQ HR Advisor.
- Update the base-specific contract calendar and ensure that timely renewals and notices are received by all.
- Liaise with managers to initiate recruitment and ensure proper approval by HR and Finance.
- Review recruitment requests and job descriptions (JDs) to ensure they are in line with the mission staffing plan.
- Provide advice and assistance with writing JDs, ensure that accurate JDs are in place, maintain a library of Base JDs, technical tests, and interview grids, and work with the coordination team to develop and review these tools.
- Compile monthly HR reports and submit a field HR sitrep to the Head of HR and the Operations Support Coordinator by a specific date every month.
- Compile completed appraisals, update the performance appraisal tracking sheet at the field level as well as the annual training plan database, and submit them to the Head of HR at the country level for analysis and action.
- Assure that Action Against Hunger staff policies and procedures in addition to the Labor Laws of Nigeria are adhered to at the field level. Advise the Operations Support Coordinator and other managers on appropriate disciplinary action as situations arise.
- Check and approve Payroll data from the field before submitting it to the Payroll Specialist at the country level for approval.
- Follow up on annual leave planning and execution.
- Implement the medical benefits policy: collect employee eligible dependent details and legal documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, or Social Sciences, or related discipline preferred.
- Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Manager will be an added asset.
- At least 3 years of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution.
- Experience in Managing HOMERE software system.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Genuine interest in & commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to model core HR values of confidentiality, fairness and discretion.
- Must be comfortable explaining complex technical & procedural requirements in a non-technical manner.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel); comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support.
Starting Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply for Action Against Hunger Recruitment
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th August, 2022.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
RECOMMENDED- Orange Group Limited Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2022
Do you want to work in United States of America? Apply here
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Kindly share this updates with your friends. Use any of the sharing buttons displayed on your screen.
We are willing to assist you in any way we can, kindly subscribe to this website using your email for faster response from our team. Subscription is totally free.
For further assistance connect with us on our various channels
Like Our Facebook Page- Click Here
Leave a Reply