Oxfam International, is one of the leading global development organizations, that mobilizes the power of people against poverty. They are a diverse confederation of 17 strongly interconnected national affiliates working in over 90 countries, either directly, or with partners to enable transformational change, using a unique combination of long-term development, campaigning and humanitarian programs.
They are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Media & Communications Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Internal Job Grade: D1 national
Contract type: Fixed Term (renewable)
Reporting to: Head of Influencing & Public Engagements
- To coordinate and deliver resources and processes in support of the media and communication component to its programme.
- To be responsible for delivering the media part of the Nigeria programme working with partners to achieve impact and improvement in the lives of people in Nigeria on the issues relating to agriculture, food security, trade and climate change.
- The post holder will also lead, develop and deliver digital strategies and campaigns on GROW, Right to Food, Climate Change Adaptation, women’s land rights and access to credits, Agriculture budget monitoring and advocacy training and Gender Justice.
- The post holder is required to be a strong team player and contribute to the country programme team work.
- Moreover, the post holder is required to support partners to strengthen their capacity for effective advocacy work, train them on advocacy especially media (new and traditional) and campaigning tools, brief government officials, private sector actors, journalists, campaigners and others on the campaign issues above.
- Contribute immensely towards media, digital and communication as part of advocacy development in all programmes
- Agrees on media and communication as part of advocacy issues and together with the relevant programme staff identifies advocacy and communication issues related to Oxfam’s work in Nigeria.
- Support Programme Officers in building Networks to carry out advocacy on livelihoods, Market Access and Right To Be Heard issues in Nigeria.
- Design and produce training and educational materials on media and communication for marketing the Oxfam programme, and its GROW campaign
- Develops work plans, individual development plans, and regular reports to the Campaign Manager
- Support programme partners in media and communications related capacity building and ensuring that this is integrated within programmes
- Document and publish Oxfam’s learning in Nigeria by contributing articles briefing notes, media publications and case studies for Oxfam’s campaigns.
- Support Oxfam Nigeria staff and partners in getting relevant messages across to target audiences within and outside the organisation on major activities.
- Bulletin in West Africa, our bi-monthly site reps, and other relevant publications.
- Maintain contact with key civil servants, ministries and parliamentarians (Trade, Land, Education, etc) for information and feed these into Oxfam’s national media and advocacy work
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in social science, Communication Studies, Development Studies or any other related field.
- Minimum five (5) years work experience with at least three (3) years spent in a similar role is essential
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrable skills and experience in direct and indirect lobbying/ advocacy and campaigning work in this field highly desirable
- A demonstrable understanding of NGO media/advocacy work in the context of development
- Experience in capacity building and/or training skills is highly advantageous
- Demonstrable and proven strong conceptual, research, analytical and writing skills
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues as it relates to all media work and commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility.
- Experience of working with Civil Society/ Media Network partners.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple language
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, think strategically as well as work within a team
- Creative thinking, developing, designing, or creating new ideas, relationships, systems, or products
- High level interpersonal and diplomatic skills along with awareness of political sensitivities in different settings of Nigeria
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Familiar with the latest trends, tactics and technologies in digital influencing and can link online with offline media.
- Some graphic design skills and ability to develop simple info-graphics is desirable
VIEW OTHER 2019 JOB OPENINGS
- Microbiologist Recruitment at Tomi’s Treats Limited- Apply
- Graduate sales intern at Sevenz Healthcare 2019- Apply
- Heritage Bank Graduate Trainee 2019- Apply
- AYEEN 2019 BUSINESS FUNDING PROGRAM- Apply
- Etihad Airways Sales Representative Recruitment 2019- Apply
- United Nations Women Internship 2019- Apply
- Total Nigeria OND Graduate Recruitment 2019- Apply
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: email@example.com with the Position Title as the subject of the email.
- Applications not sent in the required format will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as due to the urgency of this position applications will be reviewed as received, as such suitable candidates may be shortlisted and interviewed prior to closing date.
15th March, 2019.
For daily job updates, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your email. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here
You can also Contact Us