Drilling and Marine Engineer 2018/19 Recruitment at ExxonMobil- Do you have all it takes to apply for this job at an amazing company? Read full requirements, Apply and Share with your friends.
Full details of the Job
Job Location: Lagos, LA, NG
The successful candidate will support opportunity generation and maturation – work program planning and execution.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Ensuring the application of the best available economical technology in drilling and completions operations
- Preparing well cost estimates, equipment selection and application, program execution surveillance, improvement of daily progress and follow-up assessments
- Preparing, and revising when necessary, a complete drilling or completions program. Work closely with cross-functional team to assure the program is based on all available geological and drilling information from other wells in the area (if any)
- Monitoring drilling operations according to safety and quality control standards, environmental regulations, corporate policy, and contract terms
- Providing rig site technical support to Drilling & Subsurface Supervisors during procedure execution activities including but not limited to critical operations, well control situations or abnormal pressure detection
- Analyzing drilling performance at intermediate depths and upon completion of the well. Work with Operations personnel and third party service partners to implement changes in procedures and equipment based on results of analyses
- Devising cost-effective techniques to drill, complete, and rework company-operated wells
- Preparing final well reports with strong emphasis on lessons learned.
The successful candidate will have a strong drilling and completion engineering background with the ability to assure application of the best available economical technology in planning andexecuting drilling, completions and workover operations. Must be self-motivated with the ability to make effective individual contributions within a functional team.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Petroleum, Electrical/Electronics, and Subsea
- Evidence of 5 – 10 continuous years of drilling and cognate operations experience. Advanced technical skills in Drilling Engineering including directional drilling, borehole management, casing design, cementing, abnormal pressure detection, bit selection, drilling fluids
- Ability to work in, and develop all phases of drillwell operations; from well design and planning to execution
- In addition to the drilling experience, the position requires an individual who brings a wellrounded knowledge and exposure to completion and workover activities
Excellent computer skills – familiarity with relevant drilling engineering software and applications
- Good understanding of basic safety practices in oil and gas offshore operations
- Ability to work within a team with good interpersonal skills and to thrive in a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural environment
- Support creativity and possess good coordination skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising integrity
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- Readiness to work in our various work locations.
The successful candidate will support shallow and deep water assets for all marine related activities.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Providing technical support for the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of marine systems and equipment
- Analyzing inspection results and conducting fitness for service assessment to ensure integrity of marine equipment and mooring systems for FPSO, FSO as well as CALM Buoy crude export systems
- Participating in, or leading various safety studies/activities such as: PHAs, HAZOPS, JSAs, and incident investigations for marine systems
- Reviewing designs for new projects and upgrade of existing marine facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards
- Managing classification and regulatory compliance issues related to marine structures, mooring systems and equipment
- Interfacing with diverse groups including vendors and operations/maintenance technicians on marine-related issues
- Providing technical leadership on all marine-related issues.
The successful candidate will have technical and engineering experience supporting asset integrity management for offshore marine facilities in the oil and gas industry.
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following disciplines: Marine, Naval Architecture, Civil, Ocean engineering or any other related engineering disciplines
- 5 – 15 years technical and engineering experience in the area of marine, naval architecture, civil, ocean engineering or other related engineering degree
- Familiarity with relevant marine engineering software & applications and good understanding of basic safety practices in oil and gas offshore operations
- Working knowledge of codes, standards and engineering practices for floating structures design and their application – ABS, DNV, API, ISO codes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical competence and leadership ability
- Ability to take initiative and work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
How to apply for the job of a Drilling or Marine Engineer at ExxonMobil
All interested and qualified persons can apply for this job using the link below. Ensure you fill all the required information properly so you don’t miss out on the opportunity of getting this job.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY FOR OTHER EXXONMOBIL JOBS BELOW
For more JOB UPDATES, subscribe to this site.
Let us make your JOB search journey easier, we will join you on the entire process journey as your info PADI. We will also inform you on more amazing opportunities in Nigeria and Abroad.
In order to do this, we encourage you to become our PADI today, do this by subscribing to this blog using your mail. Subscription is totally free
Also like our facebook page here
Follow us on twitter Here
You can also Contact Us